GENESIS DAS delivers a middleprise solution to improve in-building wireless coverage and capacity
February 21, 2018 – Plano, Texas – SOLiD, the leader in cellular in-building and public safety infrastructure, today introduced SOLiD GENESIS DAS to meet the needs of the middleprise and other large venues such as airports, subways, and stadiums. Additionally, the new GENESIS solution provides investment protection since its remote radios are compatible with legacy SOLiD ALLIANCE DAS solutions.
The middleprise is rapidly changing due to heightened expectations of in-building coverage and capacity, complex technical considerations, and the introduction of new business models. GENESIS DAS delivers on each of those areas by offering:
- An enterprise-ready solution that can be used right out of the box. It provides support for structured cabling solutions to reduce installation time and costs, is compact enough to minimize equipment footprint, and is a 5G-ready platform.
- Support for signal source with either GENESIS RAX as a signal source or other industry standard in-building signal source platforms.
- A clear upgrade path for existing customers with the remote radio and amplifier units being compatible with the legacy SOLiD ALLIANCE platform.
According to SOLiD CEO, Dr. Seung Hee Lee, “For the middleprise to overcome current in-building wireless challenges it’s important to deliver innovative, low cost, and structured cabling supported solutions that are enterprise-ready. That is exactly why we developed the GENESIS DAS – to provide the middleprise with a solution that is ready to use right out of the box, supports structured cabling common in enterprises, and provides investment protection. Many wireless solution vendors have a rip-and-replace strategy. Not at SOLiD. SOLiD GENESIS provides a clean upgrade path for legacy installations.”
Iain Gillott, president and founder of iGR, said, “The in-building marketplace is vibrant and growing based on the expectation of enterprises, building owners, and tenants. In-building solutions need to offer upgradeability, investment protection, and customizable configurations to address this market opportunity successfully.”
The GENESIS DAS is built around four key capabilities:
- Structured Cabling – GENESIS DAS supports industry standard structured cabling which lowers installation costs and eliminates issues related to PIM.
- Low Power Remote Node – GENESIS DAS supports a low power remote unit in either 4 or 6 band configurations. It supports SISO and MIMO options on multimode or single mode fiber. This remote node is fully upgradeable and serviceable after installation.
- Flexible, integrated configuration of nodes – GENESIS DAS supports low, medium and high-power nodes. All remote radio units are modular and customizable. In a future release, GENESIS DAS will support 5W, 20W and 40W remotes radio units in addition to the Low Power Node.
- Advanced Management – GENESIS DAS includes web management as well as SNMP support to feed other monitoring systems.
The SOLiD GENESIS DAS will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona, Spain on February 26 – March 1, 2018, at Hall 7, Booth G81.
For more information on the SOLiD GENESIS platform, visit www.solid.com/genesis.html
SOLiD (https://www.solid.com) helps keep people stay connected and safe in a rapidly-changing world through a portfolio of RF Amplifier, RF Radio, and Optical Transport solutions. SOLiD enables indoor and outdoor cellular and public-safety communications at some of the world’s best-known and most challenging venues including leading hospitals; professional, and college sports venues; government, university and Fortune 500 corporate buildings and campuses; international airports and metropolitan subways; and other high-profile sites. For further information on SOLiD DAS, Backhaul and Fronthaul solutions, go to www.solid.com or call 888-409-9997.
Tim Moynihan, SVP, Marketing